Cookies & Other Storage Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Fast Services, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the Fast Services, they generally fall into the below categories of use:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business’s website, purchased its products or used its apps. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the Fast Services, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the Fast Services.
Learn more about the information we receive, how we decide which ads to show you on and off the Fast Services, and the controls available to you.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when you’ve seen or interacted with Fast Services’ content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on third-party sites that integrate our social plugins. If you are a portal administrator, cookies allow you to switch between posting from your personal account and the portal.
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly Fast Services load for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the Fast Service, analyze which parts of the Fast Services people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit: The Fast Services.
The Fast Audience Network is a way for advertisers to show you ads in apps and websites beyond the Fast family of companies. One of the ways Audience Network shows relevant ads is by using your ad preferences to determine which ads you may be interested in seeing. You can control this in your ad settings.
More information about online advertising:
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them.
We have provided some section headers for your convenience, but you should carefully read through these Community Payments Terms (the "Terms") in order to understand your rights and responsibilities, as well as ours.
When you use the Fast Payments service to pay for things on Fast, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account.
1. Making Purchases
1. Funding and spending.
When you make a purchase using Fast Payments, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument to load money into your electronic value balance. When you have successfully completed this funding transaction, we will then transfer that value to the developer offering the content you wish to purchase.
Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes, fees, and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for funding.
3. Extra terms.
You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction (such as shipping terms for tangible goods). Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
If you purchase a subscription to an app or to a feature within an app, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. The following terms apply for subscriptions purchased through Fast Payments:
1. If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period.
2. You can cancel subscriptions at any time on your Account Settings page.
3. If you cancel a subscription you will still have access to the app or feature you subscribed to through the end of the subscription period. If an app or feature you subscribed to becomes unavailable during your subscription you will not be billed at the beginning of the next subscription period.
5. Sponsored posts.
Posts you have Sponsored are subject to our Advertising Guidelines.
6. Actual sale.
You may only use Fast Payments to process a funding transaction for a legitimate, bona fide purchase of a product or service. Except as set forth below, you may not use Fast Payments to fund a transaction or otherwise transfer electronic value not in conjunction with a purchase.
7. Person-to-Person Transfer.
Person-to-Person transfer of electronic value ("P2P") may be made available at our sole discretion. If you use P2P, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
1. We may require that you provide more information in order to complete a transaction.
2. P2P is not intended to be used for business, commercial, or merchant transactions and such use may be discontinued without notice by us at any time. We may reverse or place a hold on your transactions or place a reserve on your funds if evidence of business, commercial, or merchant use is discovered.
3. If you receive and accept a P2P transfer you are liable to us for not only the payment but also any fees that may result from a later invalidation of that payment for any reason, including without limitation if you lose a claim or a chargeback, or if the payment is reversed. You agree to allow us to recover any amounts due to us by debiting from your electronic value balance. If your electronic value balance is insufficient to cover this amount, we reserve the right to charge your funding instrument or take any other legal action to collect the funds to the full extent allowed by applicable law.
4. P2P use is at your sole risk and we assume no responsibility for the underlying transaction of funds, or the actions or identity of any transfer recipient or sender. Disputes regarding funds are between you and the sender of a payment. If a sender files a claim for a chargeback after a P2P transaction, we are not responsible for determining the veracity of claims or the disposition of the payment.
5. Use of P2P may subject you to fees including without limitation those from third parties, such as reversal charges or other fees for insufficient funds if your attempted payment is rejected.
6. P2P must be used in compliance with applicable law and may not be used in connection with any illegal or illicit transaction. If illegal or illicit transactions are reported or discovered, we reserve the right to take action including without limitation the following, without notice to you: place a hold on your transactions; place a reserve on your funds; limit your ability to use Fast Payments; report the activity to authorities; or deactivate your account entirely.
7. No Warranties.
You acknowledge that the products or services you may purchase are sold by merchants, not by Fast. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH FAST.
2. Payment Methods
1. Funding instruments.
We want to make Fast Payments convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, Fast Gift Cards, and other payment methods.
When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
If you pay by credit or debit card, we may obtain a pre-approval from the issuer of the card for an amount, which may be as high as the full price of your purchase. We will bill your card at the time you load funds for your Fast Payments transaction, or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
4. Failed funding.
If you fund a payment by debit card and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
5. Fast Gift Cards.
Fast Gift Cards may be used to increase your electronic value balance ("Balance") on Fast. You can then use this Balance on our platform as a payment method. The following terms apply to Balances:
1. If you enter the Gift Card’s PIN and click “Redeem” at www.fast.org.ng/giftcards/redeem, we will credit the Gift Card’s value to your Balance. Once you have entered the PIN on your Gift Card, the value you received can’t be restored to the original Gift Card.
2. All Gift Cards converted at
www.fast.org.ng/giftcards/redeem as described above will result in Balances that can be used across the platform; your Balance will be applied toward funding transactions you wish to execute, and if your Balance is insufficient to complete a transaction, we will ask you to elect an additional payment method to cover the difference. Gift Cards converted in certain courses, however, may result in value that can only be used within that course, or in other courses from the same developer.
3. Fast is not a bank, so Gift Card balances are not deposits and they do not earn interest. Gift Card balances are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
4. We may change the process to convert Gift Cards into electronic value, or the ways that you can use your resulting Balance, at any time as we deem necessary without prior notice to the full extent permitted by law.
5. Some Fast Gift Cards have bonus offers. Bonus offers are open to customers who redeem a participating Fast Gift Card during the offer period stated on the Gift Card packaging. To obtain the bonus item, visit www.fast.org.ng/giftcards/redeem, enter the Gift Card PIN when prompted, and follow the instructions to receive your item. We will not give notice of the expiration of these bonus offers. Free gift items may vary; average retail value of items will range from approximately one to fifteen USD ($1-15). Bonus offers may not be combined with other offers and discounts, nor exchanged, nor redeemed for cash. Other terms and conditions may apply to the use of Fast Gift Cards.
6. You may not sell your Balance or any portion thereof, nor transfer any portion thereof to anyone outside of Fast.
7. Balances are not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from us unless required by law.
8. Fast Gift Cards and Balances don't expire. However, Balances are subject to our Abandoned Property provision.
6. Incompatibility. You may at some point encounter an app or feature that does not support the payment method you would prefer to use – for example, if an item or feature that you wish to purchase is priced in local currency, you won’t be able to use Credits as a payment method; however, you can select a different type of payment instrument (such as credit or debit card, or mobile operator billing).
7. Mobile billing . Mobile operator billing is another payment method we have made available for your convenience. If you use mobile billing as a funding instrument, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
1. By choosing the mobile billing payment method, you agree that we and your mobile operator may exchange information about you in order to facilitate completion or reversal of payments, resolution of disputes, provision of customer support, or other billing-related activity.
2. You are responsible for any charges, fees, changes to your mobile plan service or billing, alterations to your mobile device, or any other consequence that may arise out of your use of mobile billing.
3. If you use mobile billing, you are bound not only by these Terms, but also by the terms and conditions of your mobile operator.
4. If you have questions about any charges or fees that appear on your mobile phone bill, you may contact your mobile provider’s customer service division.
5. Sometimes, use of mobile billing in a funding transaction may lead to charges that, for various technical reasons beyond our control, cannot be refunded to you. In these cases, we have the right, but not the obligation, to issue you a courtesy credit to your electronic value Balance.
8. Boleto (Pre-paid) . If you use boleto as a payment method, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
1. Refunds . Due to technical limitations, we are able to provide refunds ONLY by making cash deposit into a bank account. If you make a purchase with boleto and later request a refund for any reason, you MUST have a bank account in order to receive the refund. Additionally, the name on the bank account receiving the refund deposit MUST match the name on the boleto used to make the payment.
2. Safety . We may delay or limit the availability of your purchase, for either safety reasons, or to make sure we possess all relevant information necessary to process the payment and deliver to you what you have paid for.
3. Information . You agree and consent that we will store your tax id (CNPJ/CPF). We may use your tax id to obtain additional information about you, necessary to process the payment, from the federal tax id registration database provided by the Brazilian government, via a third-party processor. We will also submit final tax documents to the Brazilian government as required.
3. Actions We May Take
1. At-will use . We may revoke your eligibility to use Fast Payments at any time at our sole discretion.
2. Inquiries. By using Fast Payments, you acknowledge and agree that we may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
3. Our right to cancel. We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates these Terms or the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, or if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may also cancel any electronic value accumulated, transferred, assigned, or sold as a result of fraudulent or illegal behavior.
4. Payment limitations. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, or limit funding instruments for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a purchase, or deactivate your account.
5. Sharing of information . In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your funding instrument issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with, if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
6. Abandoned Property. If you leave a Balance unused for the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if you delete your account and leave a Balance, or if we deactivate your account and you do not meet any conditions necessary to reinstate it within six (6) months, we may process your balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Balance to the appropriate governing body as required by law.
4. Disputes and Reversals
1. Customer assistance . Subject to Sections below, we provide various tools in our Fast Payments
Support Center to assist you in communicating with a third party to resolve a dispute arising from a payment transaction.
2. No liability for spend transaction. If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased, we have no liability for the goods or services underlying the transaction. Our only responsibility is to handle your funding transaction. All funding transactions are final unless otherwise required by law. If you order something that becomes unavailable before it can be provided to you, you may request a refund of your funded amount.
3. Duty to notify us. If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 10 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
4. Intervention. We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a developer, but we have no obligation to do so.
5. Technical difficulties. If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your funding transaction to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
5. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
1. Agreement to pay. When you purchase advertising or promoted posts on or through Fast, you agree to pay all amounts specified in the order, along with any applicable taxes.
2. Consent to credit check. Without limiting Section above, your order constitutes your written authorization for us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau. We may obtain your credit report when you place an order, or at any time thereafter.
3. Security. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any orders placed on or through your advertising account.
4. Direct debit. If you are making direct debit payments, you agree that we can charge you any amount that falls within the range you agreed to upon signup. We will notify you in advance if any charge will exceed the agreed-upon range. If you want to change your preferred payment method from direct debit, you can do so from within your Fast Payment Settings.
5. Cancellation. You can cancel an advertising order at any time through our online portal, but your ads may run for several days after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for those ads.
6. Tax liability. The amounts charged to you by us, whether through your credit card or otherwise, may be subject to and include applicable taxes, including without limitation withholding taxes. It is your responsibility to remit any taxes that apply to your transactions. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
7. Delinquent accounts. If you purchase advertising, and your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take steps to collect past due amounts using other collection mechanisms. You agree to pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable attorneys' fees. Interest will accrue on any past due amounts at the rate of the lesser of 1% per month or the lawful maximum.
8. Prepaid account. You may have the option to purchase ads with a prepaid account. Amounts prepaid are non-refundable except where required by law. Fast is not a bank and does not offer banking services; accordingly, prepaid amounts do not earn interest, are not deposit obligations, and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
9. Invoiced and non-invoiced clients. When you purchase advertising or paid content on or through Facebook's self-serve advertising interfaces or APIs, you will fall under one of two categories depending on your payment method: invoiced or non-invoiced client. Invoiced clients are those to whom Fast extends a credit line and issues invoices on a periodic basis for payment. Non-invoiced clients are those who make payments at the time of purchase itself. Clients are eligible to become invoiced clients based on factors such as ad spend and creditworthiness. Fast retains the final right to classify a client as an invoiced client.
6. Notices and Amendments to These Terms
1. Notice to you. By using the Facebook Payments service, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by postal mail shall be considered received within three (3) business days of the time sent.
2. Notice to us. Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to us relating to Fasr Payments and these Terms by postal mail to our address.
3. Amendment guidelines . We may update these Payments Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The Payments Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
Developer's Platform Policy
1. Build a quality product
1. Build an app that is stable and easily navigable.
2. Ensure that your app’s content (including ads and user-generated content) meets our Standards .
3. Follow our Advertising Policies for your app name, icons, and description.
4. Keep your app’s description and categorization up-to-date.
5. Don’t confuse, deceive, defraud, mislead, spam or surprise anyone.
6. Keep your app’s negative feedback below our thresholds.
7. Follow any instructions we include in our technical documentation.
2. Give people control
1. Obtain consent from people before publishing content on their behalf.
2. Use Fast publishing permissions to help people, not to send people messages from your app.
3. Don't prefill captions, comments, messages, or the user message parameter of posts with content a person or business didn’t create, even if the person can edit or remove the content before sharing. You may use our Share Dialogs to prefill a single hashtag in a post, but don't prefill any content a person or business didn't create via the API.
9. Delete all of a person’s data you have received from us (including friend data) if that person asks you to, unless you are required to keep it by law, regulation, or separate agreement with us. You may keep aggregated data only if no information identifying a specific person could be inferred or created from it.
10. Obtain consent from people before using their data in any ad.
11. Obtain adequate consent from people before using any Fast technology that allows us to collect and process data about them, including for example, our SDKs and browser pixels. When you use such technology, provide an appropriate disclosure:
b. How users can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting and where a user can access a mechanism for exercising such choice.
12. In jurisdictions that require informed consent for the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on an end user’s device (such as the African or European Union), ensure, in a verifiable manner, that an end user provides the necessary consent before you use Fast technologies that enable us to store and access cookies or other information on the end user’s device. For suggestions on implementing consent mechanisms, contact us.
13. Obtain consent from people before you give us information that you independently collected from them.
14. If you are tracking a person's activity, provide an opt-out from that tracking.
15. Provide meaningful customer support for your app, and make it easy for people to contact you.
16. If people come to your app from the Fast app on iOS, give them an option to go back to the Fast app by using the Back to Fast banner provided in the SDK.
17. If people come to your app from the Fast app on Android, don’t prevent them from going back to Fast when they press the system back button.
3. Protect data
1. Protect the information you receive from us against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
2. Only show data obtained from a user access token on the devices associated with that token.
3. Only use friend data (including friends list) in the person’s experience in your app.
4. If you cache data you receive from us, use it to improve your app’s user experience and keep it up to date.
5. Don’t proxy, request or collect Fast usernames or passwords.
6. Keep private your secret key and access tokens. You can share them with an agent acting to operate your app if they sign a confidentiality agreement.
7. If you use any partner services, make them sign a contract to protect any information you obtained from us, limit their use of that information, and keep it confidential.
8. Keep Fast user IDs within your control. Contract with any providers who help you build or run your app to ensure that they keep the user IDs secure and confidential and comply with our policies. If you need an anonymous unique identifier to share with third parties, use our mechanism.
9. Don't sell, license, or purchase any data obtained from us or our services.
10. Don't transfer any data that you receive from us (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, data broker or other advertising or monetization-related service.
11. Don't put Fast data in a search engine or directory, or include web search functionality on Fast.
12. If you are acquired by or merge with a third party, you can continue to use our data only within your app.
13. If you stop using ournPlatform, promptly delete all user data you have received from us (absent explicit consent from people). You can keep
14. If you use friend data from Fast to establish social connections in your app, only do so if each person in that connection has granted you access to that information.
15. Don't use data obtained from Fast to make decisions about eligibility, including whether to approve or reject an application or how much interest to charge on a loan.
4. Encourage proper use
1. Add something unique to the community. Don’t replicate core functionality that Fast already provides.
2. Respect the way Fast looks and functions. Don't offer experiences that change it.
3. If you’re building an app with a personalized or social experience, enable people to easily share on Fast content they've created.
4. Respect the limits we've placed on Fast functionality.
5. Only incentivize a person to log into your app, enter a promotion on your app’s Page, or check-in at a place. Don’t incentivize other actions.
6. Encourage people to accurately tag and share content.
7. If your service integrates a person’s data into a physical product, only create a physical product for that person’s personal and non-commercial use.
8. Don’t build an app whose primary purpose is to redirect people off of Fast.
9. If you want to use our logos or brand, contact us.
11. Only use our approved SDKs to develop and distribute apps for use with the Fast Platform. You may also distribute any code libraries or sample source code included in the SDKs for inclusion in such apps.
12. Don’t modify, translate, create derivative works of, or reverse engineer any SDK or its components.
13. Be honest about your relationship with Fast when talking to the press or users. Comply with our Developer PR Guidelines and get approval from us before issuing any formal press release or blog post mentioning Fast.
14. If you use the Like button on iOS or Android, don’t collect or use any information from it.
5. Follow the law
1. You are responsible for restricting access to your content in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, including geo-filtering or age-gating access where required.
2. Don’t provide or promote content that infringes upon the rights of any third party.
3. Ensure that you own or secure all rights necessary to display, distribute and deliver all content in your app.
4. Satisfy all licensing, reporting and payout obligations to third parties in connection with your app.
5. If your app contains content submitted or provided by third parties:
a. In Nigeria, you must take all steps required to fall within the applicable safe harbors of the Act including designating an agent to receive notices of claimed infringement, instituting a repeat infringer termination policy and implementing a notice and takedown process.
b. In other countries, you must comply with local copyright laws and implement an appropriate notice and takedown process for when you receive a notice of claimed infringement.
6. Don’t knowingly share information with us that you have collected from children under the age of 13.
7. Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdiction where your app is available. Do not expose Fast or people who use Fast to harm or legal liability as determined by us in our sole discretion.
8. If applicable, comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA) and obtain any opt-in consent necessary to share data on Fast.
9. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to any claim against us related to your service, actions, content or information.
6. Things you should know
1. We can analyze your app, website, content, and data for any purpose, including commercial.
2. We can monitor or collect data related to your use of SDKs.
3. We will use information we receive from you or in connection with your Platform integration in accordance with our Data Policy .
4. You give us all rights necessary to enable your app to work with Fast, including the right to incorporate information you provide to us into other parts of Fast, and the right to attribute the source of information using your name or logos.
5. We may share your contact info with people who want to contact you.
6. We may use your name, logos, content, and information, including screenshots and video captures of your app, to demonstrate or feature your use of Fast, worldwide and royalty-free.
7. You give us the right to link to or frame your app, and place content, including ads, around your app. If you use our social plugins, feed dialog or share button, you also give us permission to use and allow others to use such links and content on Fast.
8. We can audit your app to ensure it is safe and does not violate our Terms. If requested, you must provide us with proof that your app complies with our terms.
9. We can create apps or products that offer features and services similar to your app.
10. We don’t guarantee that Platform will always be free.
11. If you exceed our yet to be decided impressions per day, you may be subject to additional terms.
12. Fast and its licensors reserve all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, in and to all SDKs.
13. Any SDKs you receive from us are provided to you on an "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind.
14. We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
15. We may enforce against your app or web site if we conclude that your app violates our terms or is negatively impacting the Platform. We may or may not notify you in advance.
16. Enforcement is both automated and manual, and can include disabling your app, restricting you and your app’s access to platform functionality, requiring that you delete data, terminating our agreements with you or any other action that we deem appropriate.
17. We communicate with developers through Developer Alerts and email from the fast.org.ng or fastmail.org.ng domain. Ensure that the email address associated with your Fast account and the email address registered to the app are current and that you don’t filter out these messages.
18. We may change these terms at any time without prior notice. Please check them regularly. Your continued use of Platform constitutes acceptance of those changes.
19. Your use of Fast technology is subject to this Platform Policy, our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and any other terms that apply to the applicable technology.
1. Verify that you have integrated Login correctly. Your app shouldn't crash or hang during the testing process.
2. Native iOS and Android apps that implement Fast Login must use our official SDKs for login.
3. Use a clearly branded "Login with Fast" button and follow the Fast Brand Guidelines .
4. Request only the data and publishing permissions your app needs.
5. If a person declines a permission, you can prompt them again after they indicate an intent to grant you the permission.
6. Provide a "Log Out" option that functions properly and is easy to find.
1. If you have ads in your app on Fast, comply with our Advertising Policies.
2. Avoid excessive ads. Don’t let ads distract from your app’s functionality.
3. Don’t include ads in Page Tab apps.
4. If you use a third party ad provider to include ads in your app on Fast, only use a provider from this list .
5. Don’t include third-party ads (including for other apps) in posts, notifications, requests, invites or messages.
6. Don’t include or pair Platform Integrations with non-Fast ads.
7. If you run a promotion, contest, competition, or sweepstake on Fast, comply with our Promotions Policies.
1. Courses on Services:
a. Don’t share the same app ID with a desktop web/app courses off of our platform.
b. Don’t use your Fast course(s) or email addresses you’ve obtained from us to promote or link to a desktop web/app course off of Fast.
c. Use Fast Payments as your only payment method for all in-course purchases.
d. Use Fast Payments offers if you reward people for actions involving third parties.
2. Desktop web/app courses off Fast:
a. Only use Fast Login, social plugins, and publishing channels.
b. Don’t share the same app ID with a desktop web/app course off of Fast.
c. Don’t use your web/app course or email addresses you’ve obtained from us to promote or link to a course off of Fast.
3. If you want to facilitate or promote online training, online skill, or online education, get our written permission before using any of our products.
4. If your game includes mandatory or optional in-app charges, explain this in your app’s description.
1. If you use Fast Payments, comply with our Payments Terms.
2. Don’t use Fast Payments to solicit, collect or transfer funds for charitable causes without our prior permission.
3. If you’re using iOS to run your app, use an iOS approved payment method.
4. If you accept payments on Fast, only do so in your app.
11. App Center
1. Apps eligible for Fast App Center must be courses that use Fast Login or courses on our website.
2. App Detail and Description:
a. Ensure the app’s name and information are grammatically correct.
b. Ensure the app’s language matches the App Center locale.
c. Don't include URLs or use the Fast brand.
d. Don’t include keyword lists, excessive punctuation, or non-standard symbols.
3. All Images:
a. Use high quality, relevant images that reflect the app experience.
b. Keep any image text concise. Don't obstruct images with text.
c. Don’t include ads, URLs or gimmicks such as Play buttons.
a. Use a transparent or colored background. If your icon requires a white background, use a colored border.
b. If your logo has a drop shadow, use a colored background.
a. Don’t include rounded edges or borders.
b. Don’t include third party logos.
a. Display the app's name.
b. Clearly represent the purpose of the app and show accurate, relevant in-app experiences.
c. Keep your video high-quality and high-resolution.
d. Your video and its video cover image should be clear and recognizable. Don't include ads.
12. Open Graph
1. Open Graph Custom Actions:
a. Don’t recreate actions that are already supported.
b. Write the action and object in a clear and simple way.
c. Make sure the story is grammatically correct.
d. Use English for your submission.
e. Don’t indicate a person’s consumption, browsing, discovering, or viewing of content.
f. Don’t indicate a person has installed, visited, or connected to your app.
2. Read and Watch Actions:
a. Publish actions only after a person has been on a page for more than 10 seconds.
b. Allow people to remove stories published to Fast on the same page where the content is hosted.
13. Social Plugins
1. Don’t include or pair Platform Integrations with non-Fast advertisements.
2. Don’t sell or purchase placement of social plugins or sharer.php.
3. Don’t participate in any “like” or “share” exchange programs.
4. Don’t obscure or cover elements of social plugins.
5. Additional policies for the Courses Plugin:
a. Don't prefill quotes with content a person didn’t select, even if the person can edit or remove the content before sharing.
b. The courses plugin is intended to help people select their own quote or courses to share. Use the app-defined courses parameter if you want to suggest courses for people to share.
c. If you use the app-defined courses parameter, the suggested quote must not contain URLs, ads, third party branded content or any other promotional content of any kind.
d. Apps must not use the courses plugin.
14. Marketing API
1. Basic and Standard Ads API access may be downgraded to Development access after 30 days of non-use.
2. Don't use the Ads API if you're an ad network or data broker.
3. Don't promote content, services, or activities contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
4. Don't provide Partner Category targeting options that differ from those offered by Fast.
5. Don’t combine multiple end-advertisers or their Fast connections (i.e. Pages) in the same ad account.
6. Free or trial versions of an ads API app:
a. Don’t allow more than 50 ad creations a day per customer.
b. Require phone or email verification on new accounts.
c. Don’t allow affiliate networks to use your technology.
7. Pricing transparency:
a. Only charge fees for the use of your tools and managed services with a fixed fee or variable percentage of ad spend.
b. Proactively disclose to end advertisers the amount that you spent on Fast advertising, using our metrics (e.g., CPC, CPM rate), separate from your fees.
c. Disclose the amount you charged as fees on Fast advertising.
d. We may disclose fees or the amount you spent on Fast advertising to your clients if they request it.
e. We may require documentation from you to ensure your compliance with these terms.
f. Don’t sell ads on a fixed CPM or CPC basis when using the Fast advertising auction.
8. Data Collection and Use:
a. If you have Standard Ads API access and our prior written permission, you can place 1x1 pixel view tags on advertisements.
b. Ensure that any data that is collected is anonymous.
c. Only use data from an end-advertiser’s campaign to optimize or measure the performance of that end-advertiser’s campaign.
d. Don’t use data to retarget on or off of Fast.
e. Don’t mix data obtained from us with advertising campaigns on different platforms (without our written permission).
f. Don’t use data to build or augment any user profiles.
g. Don’t use piggybacking or redirects.
h. Don’t let people other than those acting on an end-advertiser’s behalf access Fast ad statistics.
9. Implement all bidding types including Optimized CPM.
10. Custom Audiences:
a. If you use custom audiences, comply with the
Custom Audience Terms.
b. Only use a client’s data when creating custom audiences on their behalf.
c. Only use a Fast User ID to create custom audiences when the person whose User ID is being used has logged into the client’s app and has given the necessary consent.
d. Don’t sell or transfer custom audiences.
11. Revoke an end-advertiser’s access to your app if we request it.
12. Lead Ads:
a. Only use a client's Lead Ads Data on behalf of that client.
b. Don't combine Lead Ads Data from one client with Lead Ads Data from another client.
13. Ensure that people agree to Fast’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities , including the Advertising Policies.
15. Page API
1. Don't charge a fee for creating, claiming, or managing a course.
2. Before enabling people to create a course, first provide a means for them to claim an existing Place to prevent course duplication.
3. Ensure that people agree to Fast’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, including the Advertising Policies.
4. Don't create or claim a course on behalf of people without their consent.
5. Don't prevent people from gaining access to any course you create or manage on their behalf.
6. Don't disclose administrators of a course to third parties without the administrator's consent.
4. Service Providers:
a. Ensure your agreements with businesses do not conflict with, and that businesses agree to, Fast’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, including these Platform Policies.
b. Ensure you have the authority to act as agent for the business to which you're providing a service, and that your use of our Platform is strictly for the benefit of that business.
c. Don't facilitate or encourage any violations of our policies. For example, if you have permission to support businesses that are eligible for Subscriptions, ensure you don't provide Subscriptions to ineligible services.
d. Your app should not receive excessive negative feedback. Be sure your app insights reflect a positive experience.
5. Maintain a Fast Course that provides customer support contact information, including your mailing address and one or more of the following: email address, web address, or telephone number.
6. Messages and Data:
1. Acceptable message types:
a. After people interact with your business or Bot: You may message people within 24 hours of a person's interaction with your business or Bot (ex: messaging your Bot or interacting with a Messenger plugin on your website). Except as permitted, and until the next interaction, you may send one additional message after this 24 hour period in order to follow up on your conversation.
b. Message Templates: Only approved templates may be sent outside of the 24 hour period. Don’t use a message template for a purpose other than its intended purpose.
c. Subscription-based messaging:
i. Bots that primarily support the following use cases are eligible for subscription-based messaging, and these messages may be sent at any time provided people opt-in to receiving this content:
1. News: Bots that inform people about recent or important events or information in categories such as sports, finance, business, real estate, weather, traffic, politics, and entertainment.
2. Personal trackers: Bots that enable people to receive and monitor information about themselves in categories such as fitness, health, wellness, and finance.
3. Productivity: Bots that enable people to manage their personal productivity with tasks such as managing calendar events, receiving reminders, and paying bills.
ii. Subscriptions messages may not be used for sending advertising, marketing, solicitations, or promotional content, even if a person opts-in to receiving this content (ex: daily deals, coupons and discount or sale announcements are not permitted).
2. Data: Don't use any data obtained from us about the people you reach, other than the content of message threads, for any purpose other than as reasonably necessary to support the message types you elect to use.
3. Healthcare: Don't use send message to facilitate direct conversations between people and healthcare providers or to send or collect any patient data obtained from healthcare providers.
4. Disclosures: Ensure that you provide all necessary disclosures to people using messaging, such as any disclosures needed to indicate the sponsored or advertising nature of content you send.
5. Offers and Payments:
a. Don't share or ask people to share individual payment card, financial account numbers or other cardholder data within messages.
b. Don't include links to other sites where payment information is collected, without our prior permission.
c. If you have permission to offer or complete sales of goods or services within our Services, adhere to the Fast Commerce Product Merchant Agreement .
d. Don't use our Platform to sell digital goods.
7. Things You Should Know:
a. We may limit or remove your access to messaging Service if you receive large amounts of negative feedback or violate our policies, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
17. Our messaging Expression
1. General Policies
1. Ensure you comply with all applicable Platform Policies.
2. Follow our technical documentation .
3. Follow our Brand Guidelines if you want to use our logos or brand.
4. Don't obscure or cover selected content in the share sheet.
5. Allow people to immediately select or create content without interruption. Don't disrupt them with other information before they share.
6. Notify people up front before allowing them to engage with paid content.
7. Don't include ads in content you send.
8. Your logo and app name may only appear in the space we provide.
9. Don't use messaging platform as an app invite channel. Facilitate real time conversations that inspire people to respond with content from your app.
10. Don't charge for most of the content in your app. Ensure your app contains free shareable content.
11. If you exceed 400K impressions per day, you may be subject to additional terms.
2. Additional Policies for Optimized and Featured Apps
1. Your app must not replicate core Fast features or functionality, and must not promote your other apps that do so.
2. Your app must be free to install.
3. If your paid content is available in multiple apps, ensure it is offered at the lowest price available.
4. If people come to your app, ensure your app's primary share experience is to our Service.
5. Don't send unengaging or long form content. Ensure your app only sends unique user generated content or engaging aggregated content to our Services. Facilitate real time conversations that inspire people to respond to with content from your app.
6. Ensure your call-to-action links to the same app that generated the content.
7. When linking to your app, you can present people with paid content so long as free shareable content is clearly available on the landing page.
8. Implement App Events in your app, including activateApp and purchase events if your app offers in-app purchases.
9. Optimized and featured functionality, including the availability of calls-to-action on content and in-our Service discovery, is made available within our sole discretion and can be removed at any time.
18. Account Kit
1. Don't obscure any elements of the Account Kit user interface, and don't modify any element except where expressly permitted by our technical documentation.
3. If you exceed 100K SMSs per month, you may be subject to additional terms.
4. If a person that logged in with an email address or phone number deletes their account or requests that such account be deleted, ensure that you notify us via the delete API.
5. If we remove your access to the Account Kit service, you have 30 days to request any account data that people provided through the Account Kit service as well as any data you've stored with us through the Preferences API. We will provide you with this information unless otherwise prohibited by law.
19. Live API
1. Don’t use the API to simultaneously stream to Fast and other online services.
2. Don’t use the API to stream directly from a mobile phone or tablet camera to Fast.
3. Ensure any pre-recorded content is clearly distinguishable from live content.
4. If you enable people to publish Live Video to Fast, remind them of their obligation to not include third party ads in their video content and to clearly distinguish any pre-recorded content from live content.
20. Profile Expression Kit
1. Don’t include ads or commercial content, such as logos and watermarks, in profile photos or videos.
2. Don’t include slideshows in profile photos or videos.
3. Don’t encourage people to upload profile photos or videos that they aren’t depicted in.
1. “App” means any technical integration we have assigned an app identification number.
2. "Account Information" consists of: name, email, gender, birthday, current city and profile picture URL.
3. "Ads API" includes all Graph APIs related to advertising, and all Real Time APIs related to advertising, including but not limited to: all Lead Ads Data coming through the Graph API or Real Time Updates.
4. “User data” means any data, including a person's content or information that you or third parties obtain from or through Fast.
5. "SDK" means any object code library, sample source code, or documentation you receive from us that helps you create apps for use with the Fast Platform.
6. By "Fast" or "Fast Services" or "Our Services (s)"we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.fast.org.ng/ and any other Fast branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Fast reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not our SRR.
Date Uploaded: February 27, 2017
Please contact us by mail at: Fast Incorporated
3 Sadiq Close, Off Oke - Aro, By Taju Bello, Iju,
+234 706 883 3966